“Ravi Varma, founder and md, Hypro Engineers Pvt ltd, is an avid endorser of future technologies and sustainable solutions. Thanks to his vision and foresight, his company is now a global name in hygienic processing industry”
Think opportunity, prosperity will find its way, he believes. According to him, God’s greatest gifts are life and land; a life to dream high and the land to realise them. That is Ravi Varma, Founder and Managing Director, for you.
HYPRO ENGINEERS PV T LTD, FOR YOU.
Ravi Varma is an ardent endorser of future technologies and sustainable solutions. Owing to his vision and foresight, his company is now a global name in hygienic processing industry.
There was nothing extraordinary about Ravi Varma’s life. He was born and raised in a middle-class home and fed with the values of hard work, honesty, and humility. His parents always reinforced in him, “Success will make its way as long as you lay the foundation with single-mindedness.” In 1992, he acquired an engineering degree with specialisation in chemical engineering. Post-graduation, he immediately started his career journey and gained immense experience in business development, operations, finance and more importantly, people management along the way.
Though he appeared to the world to be a prospering professional with a fabulous future, something else was brewing in his mind. He wanted to expand his horizons and do something for larger betterment. The writing was clear on the wall. As an employee, his success was limited to himself whereas as an entrepreneur, his circle of success would encompass others as well. The day finally arrived in 1999 when he plunged into the hygienic processing industry to start Hypro Engineers Pvt Ltd as a self- dependant organisation.
At 27, Ravi Varma became a first-generation entrepreneur. His ambitions were sky-high yet he stayed firmly rooted. His company started with a humble capital investment of merely $300 in one small room. The start was slow with innumerable hurdles, posing tough questions to his entrepreneurship acumen and his reason to stay in business. One of his biggest challenges was finding skilled talent force for a niche industry like hygiene processing and dealing with labour issues.
Since he had witnessed similar situations during his employment days, he learned to face and deal with the same through the experience of his seniors. No wonder, none of these conditions could deter his resolve. On the contrary, it hardened his determination.
According to him, God’s greatest gifts of life and land must be made the most of. ”The onus is entirely on us to nurture our land to build an empire of growth and give our lives a meaningful purpose,” Ravi Varma says. With regard to talent, his mantra is pretty simple. “Between business and talent, business is the easier one to find. Invest in talent, give them growth and business will grow. Simply put, people are business,” he adds.
A strong endorser of future technologies and sustainable solutions, he has personally worked on applying two patents for energy recovery solutions. He was single-handedly instrumental in developing technologies resulting in import substitute systems for local companies.
Today, Hypro is a global name in hygienic processing and is recognised for its reliable and quality products and above all; a trustworthy image in India, Asia, Africa, Europe, and the USA.
Hypro supplies a wide range of customised systems and plants for Micro Breweries, Craft Breweries, Industrial Breweries, CO2 Recovery Plants, Liquid Processing Plants for Beverage storage, CIP solutions and Energy-saving and recovery solutions. Every product delivered from the plant is designed with a blueprint of innovation and solutions are drawn keeping in mind the design aptitude, seamless process, and systematic systems.
HYPRO MILESTONES CHART –
YEAR 1999, 25th JANUARY, THE DREAM BEGINS
- FIRST WATER TREATMENT PROJECT – AURANGABAD BREWERIES
- FIRST PROJECT – ACID FUME SCRUBBER – FOSTER’S INDIA
- FIRST PRODUCT – GLYCOL BATH – FOSTER’S INDIA
- FIRST WORT KETTLE – AURANGABAD BREWERIES
- FIRST YEAST SYSTEMS – FOSTER’S INDIA
- FIRST CIP PLANT – SABMILLER INDIA
- FIRST CO2 PLANT – SICA BREWERIES
- FIRST SPENT YEAST DEACTIVATION PLANT – FOSTER’S INDIA
- FIRST UNITANK PROJECT – AURANGABAD BREWERIES
- FIRST EXPORT ORDER CO2 RECOVERY PLANT – UNIVERSAL MAURITIUS
- FIRST EXPORT ORDER UNITANK – UNIVERSAL MAURITIUS
- FIRST MANUFACTURING FACILITY UNIT – BHOSARI, PUNE
- FIRST MASH KETTLE – TRIPATI ALCOBEV
- FACTORY UNIT 2 – PAUD, PUNE
- FIRST MICROBREWERY – GEIST (BIG BREWSKY BANGALORE)
- ONLY ASIAN COMPANY INVITED BY CARLSBERG COPENHAGEN TO A SUMMIT ON ENERGY RECOVERY – CARLSBERG COPENHAGEN, DENMARK
- CERTIFIED UNDER ISO 9001 2008 – BY TUV SUO
- CORPORATE OFFICE – PUNE
- FIRST EXPORT MICROBREWERY – NAMGAY HERITAGE HOTEL, THIMPU BHUTAN
- FIRST HYPRO UNDER BEER KEG – BREWERY
- FIRST CO2 PLANT FOR CRAFT BREWERY – NAMGAY HERITAGE HOTEL, THIMPU BHUTAN
- FIRST PILOT & RESEARCH BREWERY – NAMGAY HERITAGE HOTEL, THIMPU BHUTAN
- FIRST GREENFIELD BREWERY PROJECT – ABEERA BEVERAGES, ANDHRA PRADESH INDIA
- FIRST GREENFIELD BREWERY 100ML TO AFRICA – BURUNDI BREWERIES, AFRICA
- UPGRADED TO ISO 9001 2015 – BY TUV SUD
- FIRST CE MARKED CO2 PLANT ORDER FROM EUROPEAN COUNTRY – KRONES, GERMANY
- SELECTED AS A SUCCESSFUL START-UP PITCH WINNER – ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT KARLSRUHE UNIVERSITY, GERMANY
- FIRST EXPORT ORDER U STAMPED CO2 TO USA – AMERICA
- FIRST EXPORT ORDER U STAMPED MEE CO2 TO USA – WASHINGTON, USA
- FIRST DEOXY PLANT – UNITED BREWERIES LIMITED
- FIRST CE MARKED HYCRC TO EUROPEAN COUNTRY – SWITZERLAND
- FIRST HYPRO HYMI TO AFRICA – BURUNDI BREWERIES, AFRICA
- FIRST HYPRO MEE CO2 PLANT TO AFRICA – BURUNDI BREWERIES, AFRICA
- CERTIFIED UNDER U STAMP AND CE MARKING – BY TUV NORD
The company is instrumental in developing technologies resulting in import substitute systems for local companies. Hypro strictly adheres to very high standards of ethical business practices with customers, suppliers, and employees. No one stakeholder is given higher priority over the other. It is synonymous with ‘Innovative creator’ and it aims to retain its title.
- Hard work is inevitable
- Never give up
- Ethical conduct is essential
- Constant improvement & modernisation is important
- Do what you say & say what you do
Hypro Engineers Pvt Ltd owns facilities spanning more than 12,000 m2 and sales volumes reaching 11 Mi USD. It continues to grow year-on-year steadily and is an established proud Indian company operating from India and serving companies across the globe.
Ravi Varma instituted the company at the age of 27 and today it has turned 20. In a lot of ways, Hypro has enriched his professional and personal growth curve. What you see in Hypro is what you in Ravi Varma and the vice-versa. Needless to say, the values he inherited continue to reflect in him and in Hypro Engineers Pvt Ltd.