Drink Technology India South – Strong Impression at Premiere Show
- dti-South hits the nerve: the show satisfies high demand from Bengaluru and South markets
- Strong areas: non alcoholic beverages and beer
- buyer seller forum: leading brands and more than 500 meetings
drink technology India South (dti-South), which took place for the first time in Bengaluru from April 10 to 12, has established a strong position on the South Indian market. With more than
90 brands, 6,481 visitors and an extensive supporting program, the dti family further expands its footprint to the southern region of India.
“We are delighted that the first edition of dti-South in Bengaluru was so compelling. With it we have created an especially customized platform best suited to address the needs of our participants with even better networking opportunities with relevant buyers of the region.,” says Petra Westphal, Exhibition Group Director of Messe München. The local approach is intended in particular to address those sectors that are represented locally. Bhupinder Singh, CEO of Messe Muenchen India, explains: “In this region of India, non alcoholic beverages as well as beer are predominant segments. Key exhibitors addressing these sectors, such as Ambicon Breweries, DVKSP, Goma Engineering and Hilden Packaging, presented their solutions and were able to get the most out of the visitor potential in the metropolitan region.” This is also reflected by the positive response of the exhibitors as expressed by Mr. Jeetendra C Rane, Aquapuro Equipment Pvt. Ltd.:
“For the first time we are targeting the South Region and the idea behind participating in dti-South was to target the Bengaluru and South Market: We are not only happy with the number but also with the quality of visitors. We will be participating in all the upcoming editions of drink technology India.”
Supporting program: Buyer-Seller Meetings and beer trends
With over 500 meetings, the Buyer-Seller forum was very well received. Prior to the trade fair, potential customers were able to register for the meetings in order to meet specific exhibitors and initiate new business relationships. These included Amrut Distilleries, Hindustan Coca Cola, John Distilleries, Kaveri Industries,Marico Limited, Mondelez International, Mother Dairy, Pepsi, Pernod Ricard, and United Breweries, to name a few. Vijaya Kumar, Team Leader- Quality Assurance, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt. Ltd. one of the key buyer quoted: “The purpose of our visit to drink technology India-South was to understand the new technologies in the market. This event was organized very well. We were able to sense some of the new technologies which we can engage in our organization and we would like to thank the organizers for this beautiful event. The quality of the meetings were very good at the buyer seller forum.”
From trends and ingredients for brewing to craft beer variations: In addition to the Buyer-Seller Meetings, the place2beer and the Brewer World Seminars provided insights into future topics of the industry. Representatives of microbreweries, medium-sized and industrial breweries as well as suppliers for the brewing industry used the place2beer for networking and knowledge exchange. In addition to this platform, where even Indian beer was tasted, the Brewer World Seminars took place on the first and second days of the trade fair. There, experts discussed topics such as quality assurance of raw materials and ingredients and global trends in beer brewing.
dti-North will take place in New Delhi in December of this year in conjunction with pacprocess and food pex India from Messe Düsseldorf India. “We are pleased to host the trade fairs at Pragati Maidan from December 12 to 14, 2019,” says Mr. Singh. In North India, the focus is on dairy, soft drinks and beer.
drink technology India continues to be the international hub for beverages, dairy and liquid food industry in India. The next event will take place from December 9 to 11, 2020 in Mumbai
Beer & Brewing Conclave organised by Brewer World
The Beer and Brewing Conclave organised by Brewer World brings together top game changers and innovations under the beer and brewery sector for a comprehensive discussion. Helping the industry to improve the quality of raw materials and ingredients, global trends in beer and setting up a new microbrewery. As conference partners, Brewer World took this opportunity to emphasize the significance of Beer in the food & Beverage industry. Organized over two-days, industry Stalwarts from Fermentis, Krones, Hypro to name a few captivated audiences with their presentation on multiple topics.
Day 1 Speakers:
- Amar Srivastava, Brewmaster: With a career in brewing spanning over 10 years, Amar Srivastava is a powerhouse of information & unparallel brewing techniques. His session highlighted the importance of quality raw materials & ingredients for the best beer. From sourcing the right ingredients to experimenting with beer styles, Amar educated the crowd with his insights
- Ishan Grover, Consultant & Brewmaster: A reputable name in the beer & brewing industry, Ishan Grover is a consultant & brewer for people looking at setting up a brewery. His presentation focussed on the requirements & licensing state-wise for setting up a production & micro brewery
- John Eapen, Influencer Tales of Froth: Is on a mission to evangelize India about Beer/Craft Beer by sharing my experiences from over 25 years of living abroad and experiencing Craft Beer culture through his popular page Tales of Froth. His presentation at the Beer & Brewing Conclave emphasised on the importance of certifications, and big conglomerates are today making an effort to train staff on beer basics
Day 2 Speakers:
- Ashwini Patil, Hypro: Ashwini has over a 14 year career starting at Hypro as a Management Trainee & today is the Vice-President Corporate Systems & Strategy for Hypro Group. Drawing attention towards the role of quality equipment in beer production, she walked audiences through the Hypro brand story & the importance of selecting the right equipment for your outlet
- Anil Garg, KRONES: Mr. Anil Garg introduced the topic “Digitalisation in Beverages world”. Presented the Line Diagnostic solution from House of Krones, where in customer can get transparency in their line by installing our software’s and drill down the exact problem after analysis the reports which can lead to potential savings . Early Detection of faults and Performance in different operating conditions is the key aspects of the software’s.
- Rajiv Krishnan, Fermentis: Krishna Rajiv, Asia Pacific Sales Manager and Regional Sales Manager at Fermentis, walked audience through the importance of yeast for beer production. Fermentis works with everyone in the world of beer, wine, spirits and other fermented beverages. Its range of products and services covers almost all professional requirements: from safeguarding production to expressing sensory characteristics. Born in the North of France, Fermentis is a Business Unit of the Lesaffre Group; global key player in yeasts and fermentation solutions
- Samar Singh Sheikhawat: United Breweries Ltd’s (UBL’s) veteran marketing head Samar Singh Sheikhawat, closed this edition of the Beer & Brewing Conclave on day two with “Consumer Trends in Beer”. Sheikhawat is a powerhouse of experience spanning across multi industries and locations. From chocolates to batteries, Samar Singh Sheikhawat has played the role of a business management leader for decades.
Drink technology India
Drink technology India (dti) is the most important event for the Indian beverage, diary & liquid food industry. It is represented at three locations on the Indian continent. Mumbai being the flagship of dti in conjunction with the trade fairs pacprocess and food pex India of Messe Dusseldorf India. In addition, Messe Munchen India rotates the show in Bengaluru as dti-south, and in New Delhi as dti-north together with Messe Dusseldorf India.
With over 400 exhibitors, 25,000 visitors spread across an area of 35,000 sqm.
It commands the largest market place for the Indian beverage, diary & liquid food industry.
Messe München & Drintech Worldwide
Messe München is one of the leading exhibition organizers worldwide with more than 50 of its own trade shows for capital goods, consumer goods and new technologies. Every year, a total of over 50,000 exhibitors and around three million visitors take part in more than 200 events at the exhibition center in Munich, at the ICM – Internationales Congress Center München and the MOC Veranstaltungscenter München as well as abroad. Together with its subsidiary companies, Messe München organizes trade shows in China, India, Brazil, Russia, Turkey, South Africa, Nigeria, Vietnam and Iran. With a network of associated companies in Europe, Asia, Africa and South America as well as around 70 representations abroad for over 100 countries, Messe München has a global presence.
drinktec worldwide represents a strong global network that unites drinktec – the world’s leading trade fair for the beverage and liquid food industry in Munich – with the drink technology India (dti), CHINA BREW CHINA BEVERAGE (CBB) and food & drink technology Africa (fdt) trade fairs. drink technology India, CHINA BREW CHINA BEVERAGE and the food & drink technology Africa are the leading platforms in their respective countries for the industry. The trade fairs in China (Shanghai) and Africa (Johannesburg) take place every two years. In India the event takes place in Mumbai in even-numbered years. In odd-numbered years the event takes place twice a year: in Bangalore in the spring, in New Delhi in autumn. With a total of 2,847 exhibitors and more than 140,000 visitors in Munich, India, China and Africa, Messe München is the world’s leading event organizer for the beverage, food, packaging, milk and liquid food industry.