Drinktec 2017, the World’s Leading Trade Fair for the Beverage and Liquid Food Industry, and the VDMA Association for Food Processing Machinery and Packaging Machinery, from June 13th introduced two new digital services that are unique: The Solution Directory and the Innovation Guide. Both online tools assist the user to find the exact solutions quickly.
The updates include new developments that an individual is looking for and are tailored to suit the industry’s specific needs. This gives Drinktec’s exhibitors and visitors significant value add.
Messe München World’s Leading Trade Fair for the Beverage and Liquid Food Industry Processing + Filling + Packaging + Marketing September 11–15, 2017, Messe München, Munich, Germany
INFORMATION ON YOUR PALM
As many visitors attending exhibitions are aware they have to randomly go from one exhibitor’s stand to the next when searching for certain companies or products or services. Printed exhibition/ product directories do not give directions or desired results if visitors don’t know which products or services they would like to explore. Moreover, if the problems or requirements are complex, only system solutions – not individual products will work. When it comes to innovations, the situation is quite similar: every visitor attending the fair looks for these, but in practice, these are difficult to identify in the trade-fair jamboree, at least the ones that are tailored to application requirements and could be just what visitors are looking for.
Drinktec developed the new services based on these considerations as well as surveys, interviews with experts and customers (exhibitors and visitors). Information and services are digital, mobile hence available real time.The Solution Directory and the Innovation Guide, which are linked to one another, will further improve networking between exhibitors and visitors.
SOLUTIONS TO SELECT FROM?
Together with the VDMA Association for Food Processing Machinery and Packaging Machinery, Drinktec defined approximately 50 solution criteria that exhibitors can select from. Examples include: Switching products flexibly and easily. Processing and filling products with care (e,g. vitamin content). Efficient, sustainable use of water. Conserving packaging materials. “Free of” ingredients (allergen free, gluten free, lactose free, GMO free, dairy free).
FIGURING OUT THE SOLUTION DIRECTORY
Exhibitors select the categories that apply to the solutions that they offer. They are then listed as a provider under the respective category both in the online catalogue (Exhibitor Directory) and in the new Matchmaking tool. Those who want to quickly find exhibitors that are relevant to their needs can search the entire range of exhibits according to solutions.
ADVANTAGES OF THE SOLUTION DIRECTORY
ADVANTAGE FOR EXHIBITORS
- Having an entry in the Solution Directory ensures that your areas of expertise are visible in the respective category
- Visitors who are interested in the solutions in your portfolio will find you more easily
- More contacts and more potential customers at your stand
ADVANTAGE FOR VISITORS
- You find exhibitors who have solutions for your application sector more quickly
- You can contact the respective exhibitors directly
- The Solution Directory is also available to you after the fair is over
- Together with the VDMA Association for Food Processing Machinery and Packaging Machinery and other industry representatives, Drinktec identified corresponding criteria for innovations
- These are based on ideas, developments and/or inventions
- These facilitate improvements and/or new developments
- These may be related to products, techniques, processes, technologies, services or business models
- These are successful in the market place and benefit the customer economically
- These take social trends into account and may offer the end consumer added value
WORKING WITH THE INNOVATION GUIDE
The Innovation Guide is part of the Drinktec App. It allows exhibitors to indicate what innovations they have available and are exhibiting at Drinktec. The innovations of a given exhibitor are not visible to visitors until they enter the hall in question. This prevents information about the exhibitors’ innovations from being released before the fair.
ADVANTAGES OF THE INNOVATION GUIDE
ADVANTAGE FOR EXHIBITORS
- The innovation entry can be linked to a sector, solution category or product category. This makes it possible to find specific exhibitors more quickly
- Exhibitors can market their innovations on a mobile device and contact interested customers directly at the fair
- Exhibitors have more contacts and more potential customers at their stands
- Exhibitors who have an entry in the Innovation Guide also get an “Innovation Icon” in the online catalogue
- Exhibitors’ innovations are only visible to visitors who have been in the respective hall at the fair
ADVANTAGE FOR VISITORS
- Linking innovations to sectors, product categories and solution categories allows visitors to search for specific exhibitors that meet their needs before the fair
- Visitors do not find out what innovations an exhibiting company has in its portfolio until they enter the hall in question. When they do, innovation entries are sent to
their smartphones and they can experience the innovations directly at the stand
- Predefined innovation routes are visible on a virtual hall diagram before the fair begins, which makes its easier for visitors to plan their visit to the fair
- In the online catalogue (Exhibitor Directory), an “Innovation Icon” appears next to the entries of exhibitors who have innovations on display at the fair
- Exclusively for Drinktec visitors: Only those who attend Drinktec are actually informed about innovations directly
Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Krones AG
“The Solution Directory and the Innovation Guide in the app are modern, contemporary tools that make attending the fair easier and that help visitors find exactly the solutions they are looking for. That especially applies to smaller exhibition stands!”
Managing Director, Barth-Haas Group
“Anyone who wants to know what innovations are on display in the hall that they are in can simply refer to the Innovation Guide. It displays a route through the hall that includes all the innovations – without unnecessary detours. The Solution Directory is helpful when planning your visit to the fair. Instead of merely searching for keywords, it searches according to the solutions that exhibitors have in their portfolios. The BARTH-HAAS GROUP will definitely be using both tools so that even more visitors find us.”
Döhler Head of Group Marketing, Döhler GmbH, “The Solution Directory and the Innovation Guide are a sensible addition to Drinktec’s existing Exhibitor Directory because they call visitors’ attention to the range of exhibits at our stand.
The Solution Directory helps visitors search for and select the stands they want to visit on specific topics ahead of time. The Innovation Guide lists our most important trade-fair innovations and uses innovative technology to guide visitors directly to our stand.”
PENTAIR SÜDMO GMBH:
“I think that the Innovation Guide with Innovations Paths shows the creative strength of Messe München by utilizing a mobile application, which is a trendy method of communication. This solution will make life easier – not only for visitors interested in cutting edge technologies, journalists etc., but also for exhibitors because, for them, this is an easy way to stick in a crowd and attract more attention to their new products in addition to the printed catalog, advertising and other standard ways of communication. The app can also make attending the exhibition more fun for young people.”